Northpoint Seattle’s Promise is a mental health treatment program for those who require a flexible support course. We are able to give individuals with the therapy they need to heal, recover, and stay healthy, all built around their specific schedule thanks to our partial hospitalization program or PHP. This stage of outpatient mental health treatment can assist persons and families in maintaining
PHP Mental Health Treatment
The partial hospitalization program (PHP) is a type of care that allows patients to get more help for mental health and overall wellness issues. It’s a level of treatment that gives clients with a secure, structured environment in which to focus on their mental health and well-being. It’s an excellent intermediary step between inpatient and part-time
Our treatment program is completely individualized to address each patient’s specific case and needs.
Who is PHP Best For?
The goal of this outpatient mental health treatment is to assist individuals who have a primary diagnosis of mental illness. It’s ideal for people who need more mental health assistance than part-time or traditional outpatient therapy can provide after being discharged from an inpatient facility or for those who require more mental health care than part-time or basic outpatient services can offer.
We will be accepting clients who need to stabilize their mental health symptoms, receive group and individual care, gain psychiatric consult and evaluation, medication management needs, support within the community, and education on how to manage their diagnosis better.
What are the Program Requirements?
Participation in PHP requires that individuals have reached a level of physical and psychological stability that will allow them to engage in all therapeutic interventions fully.
Since this is an outpatient program, patients must not require round-the-clock support. Instead, they should live independently or have secured alternative living arrangements, such as in a sober living setting.
Whether you’re a client, family member, or referral source, feel free to contact our admissions team at any time. Our Admissions Team will help patients to:
- Schedule an assessment with a licensed clinician
- Gain recommendations for care and begin within 48 hours or less
- Participate in the orientation process
- Begin group sessions and meet with a counselor and psychiatrist
The mental health PHP is managed by a complementary interdisciplinary team of professionals, including psychiatrists, nurses, social workers, recreationists, peer support workers, social recreation therapists, and psychologists.
Program Length: Approximately 4-5 weeks
PHP programming includes a mix of mental health education, trauma work, experiential activities, art therapy, yoga/tai chi, skill-building, process group, goal building and evaluation, and music therapy
- Daily contact with medical staff (RN) and psychiatrist as needed along with medication management non-addictive forming medications
- A licensed master level clinician will facilitate all groups
- Crisis intervention as needed
- Lunch provided at the treatment facility
- A comprehensive psychiatric evaluation
- Weekly sessions with a counselor
- Two weekly appointments with a psychiatrist
- Daily group 9-12 pm and 1-4 pm
- Daily peer support
- Family sessions as requested
- Discharge planning for ongoing IOP and individual care within the community upon completion of the track
- Assistance with FMLA or STD paperwork as needed
- Case management as needed
If, for whatever reason, our team in our outpatient mental health treatment aren’t able to assist a person, we would refer out that client (most likely to a higher level of care). Reasons for doing so include:
- Active psychosis (delusions, hallucinations)
- Those who would have severe enough symptoms and would be unable to participate cordially in an assessment
- Anyone actively abusing substances and not wanting to stop
- Active suicidal or homicidal thoughts with a plan
- Anyone wishing to remain on addictive forming medications- Adderall, benzos, pain killers, etc
- Anyone threatening active harm to themselves or others
Reach Out to Northpoint Seattle Today
We are here to assist you. Call 425.414.3530 now to get the information you need to begin your road to recovery.