Addiction treatment is a complex process that can be difficult to navigate. There are many different types of treatment available, from inpatient programs to outpatient services. One particular type of treatment, known as partial hospitalization (PHP), can provide an effective and structured environment for individuals seeking addiction help. The benefits of a PHP can help patients learn to live a sober life and achieve their goals.
At Northpoint Seattle, we specialize in providing PHP treatment for patients dealing with addiction. Our program is designed to provide an intensive level of care that meets the individual needs of each patient. We incorporate evidence-based practices, such as cognitive behavioral therapy, into our services to ensure comprehensive and effective treatment. Learn more about our partial hospitalization program by calling 425.414.3530.
Addiction Treatment Options
There are various options available when it comes to addiction treatment, including:
- Residential treatment – Inpatient programs are residential programs in which patients live at the facility while they receive care.
- Outpatient programs – Outpatient services allow patients to continue living at home while receiving regular treatment sessions with counselors and other professionals.
- Intensive outpatient programs (IOPs) – These programs involve attending multiple therapy sessions each week with a team of professionals such as counselors, medical doctors, and psychiatrists.
- Partial hospitalization programs (PHPs) – A middle-ground treatment option that offers a combination of IOPs and residential care
What Is a Partial Hospitalization Program?
A partial hospitalization program is an intensive program that combines aspects of inpatient care with intensive outpatient services. Patients attend programming onsite at the treatment center several days per week for six or more hours per day, but they do not stay overnight like they would in an inpatient setting.
PHPs provide a structured environment where patients can safely focus on their recovery without being overwhelmed by the amount of time spent in treatment or having too much freedom, so their risk of relapse is manageable.
The Benefits of a PHP
PHPs have many benefits that make them attractive options for those seeking addiction help.
They are often less expensive than inpatient programs and offer comprehensive services similar to what one might find in an inpatient setting, such as:
- Individual counseling sessions
- Group therapy sessions
- Medication management
Additionally, since patients do not stay overnight at the facility as they would with an inpatient program, they are able to maintain connections with family members and friends who may be unable to travel long distances or afford extended stays away from home due to financial concerns or other commitments.
Transition to Recovery
Finally, PHPs can help bridge the gap between traditional outpatient services and residential care by providing individuals with more structure than an IOP while still allowing them to remain connected to their homes and families during their recovery process.
What Happens In a Partial Hospitalization Program?
During a partial hospitalization program, patients will participate in various activities such as:
- Individual and group therapy sessions led by licensed therapists or certified substance abuse counselors (CSACs)
- 12-step meetings
- Life skills training workshops
- Recreational activities such as art classes or yoga classes
- Medication management appointments with medical providers if needed
- Case management support from certified peer recovery specialists (CPRSs)
- Weekly family counseling sessions, if applicable
Each patient’s experience will vary depending on their individual needs; however, all participants will have access to professional support staff during their PHP experience.
The PHP at Northpoint Seattle
Northpoint Seattle has a partial hospitalization program to help people with substance use disorders. In our PHP, patients come to our Washington treatment center for several days each week for a few hours of treatment and counseling at a time.
They learn about recovery and get help from counselors, doctors, and psychiatrists. They also do activities like art classes or yoga classes and have family counseling if needed. Professional staff members are there 24 hours a day to help too. Discover the benefits of a PHP for yourself or a loved one by contacting us online or by calling 425.414.3530.